Monday, June 15, 2015

Faithful in the Small Things


I hope your start to the week is a wonderful one.
This weekend seemed to fly by... this is going to be Faithful Monday, I suppose,
haha.  I could not decide what I wanted to share and had a packed weekend,
but I am glad to get to write something today in place of my usual
Faithful Friday post :)

As a person with incredible faith and a servant's heart, Mother Teresa
has some of the most poignant and meaningful quotes ever said, in my opinion.
This is no exception... these words struck me because they made
me think of how sometimes it can actually be easier and possibly more
in our nature to have faith in great things... yet lack that degree of faith
that God will take care of us in the simple things.
This was a profound thought to me to consider.

Simply put, I thought about this:

If I trust God with the grander things I am concerned with, like His
plan for the future of the world and for my life and my own future and His
plans, why is it sometimes hard to trust that He will take care of me in
the "smaller" things, like helping me get through worries about family
or school and making it through stressful times in my life?


This reminded me that if I don't show God I trust Him in the small
things or the aspects of my life that He can most certainly and obviously
take care of me- such as giving me strength during tiring times and
trials- how can I expect Him to know I trust Him fully when it comes to
the bigger areas in the grand scheme of things?

Because I want to show God I trust Him- not just sometimes or in
some ways, but always and FULLY.

And in that, I know my strength through Him does indeed lie.
Faith in those larger aspects of life is not complete without it stemming
from faith in the building blocks that are the smaller things.



Have a wonderful week!!


1 comment:

  1. Oh... Beautifully true thoughts on being faithful in the seemingly 'lesser' things in our lives, dear Jazzmin... I thank you for sharing such sweet, blessed encouragement with us today - may we ever strive to hold onto the Lord and His promises, especially in the little things!
    Blessings to you, dear friend!
    May you be filled with the joy of the Lord today!
    In Christ,
    Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...