Saturday, July 4, 2015

Faithful Friday: Be Thou My Vision


Do you ever hear a song or think of a song
 you heard a long time ago, and you just fall in love with it, 
with every word and note?
I think it is especially easy to do that with songs that praise the
 Lord and sing of his graces and the beauty of having a 
heart for Him.

"Be Thou My Vision" is probably my favorite hymn/song that praises God
through SUCH heartfelt, amazingly beautiful words.
Although it might be a surprising place to be inspired by a song, haha,
 I actually recently heard it played at Hobby Lobby.
  I was already happy because being amidst all the beautiful things that
 inspire creativity and projects  is always so fun and a joy, 
but I walked in the aisles as we browsed and got ideas for
 creating and suddenly heard the instrumental version of 
"Be Thou My Vision" coming from the speaker above.
  And I remembered just how much I loved every part of it...
the lyrics that danced through my head as I listened to
the melody, the meaning of those precious words,
explaining my love for God and the speakings of my heart
with such graceful, lyrical perfection.

I believe my most favorite version of this song was sung by a
girl after my own heart in the Hallmark Film, The Confession,
inspired by an Amish novel series by Beverly Lewis.  With the loveliest, purest
voice, it is sung by the main character, Katie, to her biological mother (whom
she had been searching for and found) during her last days of life.  
That scene was definitely a tear-jerker, largely because of this song.

This song simply brings a teary feeling into my heart when I listen to it.
Beauty is too simple a word to describe it...

Just listen to this musical work of art and faith, with its Irish sound
so unmistakably pure and moving♥


  1. Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
    Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art;
    Thou my best Thought, by day or by night,
    Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.
  2. Be Thou my Wisdom, and Thou my true Word;
    I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord;
    Thou my great Father, I Thy true son;
    Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.
  3. Be Thou my battle Shield, Sword for the fight;
    Be Thou my Dignity, Thou my Delight;
    Thou my soul’s Shelter, Thou my high Tow’r:
    Raise Thou me heav’nward, O Pow’r of my pow’r.
  4. Riches I heed not, nor man’s empty praise,
    Thou mine Inheritance, now and always:
    Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
    High King of Heaven, my Treasure Thou art.
  5. High King of Heaven, my victory won,
    May I reach Heaven’s joys, O bright Heav’n’s Sun!
    Heart of my own heart, whate’er befall,
    Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.


How this has blessed my heart in my walk with the Lord!
It reminds me that the things valued by the world are nothing
in comparison to seeking God, and that thinking of Him and heavenly
things is where our minds find true joy and comfort as we
exhalt Him!

I pray that He will always be my vision.



God Bless you!

Have a wonderful weekend!
& hoping you enjoy this day and the celebrations 
you might be a part of this evening, whether blessed family
time or seeing the sky lit up by a magnificent show☺



3 comments:

  1. These lyrics were penned over a hundred years ago. Aren't they beautiful? Thanks for sharing the video, also.
    Recently I went into a Chinese Restaurant to pick up a take out order. The most beautiful Christian music was playing on the intercom. I thoroughly enjoyed my wait listening to the old hymns!
    Wishing you and your family a blessed holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear Jazzmin, what a precious post! You know I love hymns and reading the words of Be Thou My Vision was truly a blessing to my heart.

    It is SO good to visit you! My, the summer has been so busy! I received your sweet note through my blog contact form....how sweet of you to surprise me with your kind words. I think of you all the time, dear friend. I hope you are well and enjoying your summer days.

    Speaking of summer, I hope you had a nice 4th of July. I came down with a nasty cold yesterday so I did not do much today.... There will be a firework show that the town puts on in about 2 hours and we can see them from our yard so hopefully I can make it to see the show :) Bed is sounding really good right now {{smiles}}

    Take care, dear one, and know that you are in my thoughts and prayers often! You are such a special friend. Love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh...Jazzmin dear! Aren't hymns the purest, loveliest songs of praise? I am realising more and more how deep and rich the beautiful words of hymns are, and my soul takes great delight in praising the Lord and King through lifting up my hands and voice and singing (or humming...) the lovely hymns that have been sung for oh! Many years! There is much more worth in these old hymns than all the worship music that is so popular today...I do enjoy listening to other Christian music on occasion, but I pray that it will never take the place of real, precious hymns!
    And Be Thou My Vision is perhaps my favourite hymn...it moves me to tears!
    May the Lord always be our vision, and may we always walk in His ways!
    Oh Jazzmin! Thank you for blessing and encouraging my heart with your lovely Faithful Friday posts! You share such wonderful words to ponder on, and I am strengthened in my walk with God!
    I pray you have a beautiful, blessed and joy-filled week, sweet friend...
    Sending you hugs and ever so much love!
    Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...