Sunday, July 19, 2015

Faithful Friday: Brokenhearted


Loss has been on my mind this week and this verse is one I know
I have written about before, but it is to me the greatest comfort to
us when we experience loss and heartbreak when someone who means so
much to us passes away.

Earlier this week, one of my Dad's students (he teaches music
 lessons) came to our house and during her lesson and she broke down.
Her father had passed away the day before, 
completely unexpectedly.

Our heart and prayers are with her and her family, and it
is just so hard to believe.  She is a Christian, so I know that her comfort
is coming from both her family and God.  Her father was very close
to God also.

Loss is one of the hardest, most inexplicably draining, painful,
heartbreaking thing we got through in this life.  It is the greatest
comfort of all to know that God personally tells us in His
word that He is with us and holds us in His mighty arms.
He never leaves us.

This life is full of amazing beauty and joy, but when
those times of heartache do come, especially from loss or death,
God knows we are pained beyond reason and that our spirit
is perhaps more crushed than it has ever been in that moment.
And He is near to us, with us, saving our crushed selves.


May we always call to mind this verse that is soothing to
the deepest parts of our hearts in times of heartbreak and not.
We are so blessed to have confidence that God picks us up when
we are too weak and in pain to make it through alone.




God Bless you♥


Have a wonderful weekend!



2 comments:

  1. Hi Jazzmin, My deepest sympathy to your dad's student who lost her father. This is a very comforting verse. I have several blog friends who have recently lost family members unexpectedly. Also, this verse seems very appropriate for the loss of lives in Chattanooga earlier this week. So unexpected that these brave soldiers fought for our country abroad only to be killed at home.
    I hope you are doing well and I hope your week is filled with many blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jazzmin, how my heart aches for your dad's student. Losing a loved one is never easy and though we have the comfort and peace of knowing those that pass away {who know Christ personally} are in heaven it's still difficult and painful. Please know that this young lady and her family will be in my prayers.

    I truly appreciate you and your thoughtfulness in writing this post. The words were a blessing to my heart since the loss of my precious grandpa is still so fresh.

    Love to you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...