Monday, July 27, 2015

Sweet Tea Sippin' & These Summer Days


How I have missed visiting all of your lovely posts and also
 writing here.  It has become such a joyful and cathartic part of my
life since I started blogging, and when I am so busy the way I am this month,
I truly miss it.  I have not even been able to keep up with my Faithful Friday
posts, and I apologize.  Until mid-August, my posts may be far and few
between.  I still am trying to make it over to your blogs, though, as
often as I can, which brings me much joy ☺
School this month has been a blur.  It is keeping me beyond busy, but
I am at least happy to know that the session is already
almost over!  Which I cannot believe, because it kind of feels
like it just began.

Until I get the chance to write more, I wanted to just say hello...
because I have been blessed to get to talk with and get to know
many of you and just saying hello and wishing you a wonderful week
feels normal, since posting always just feels like writing
a letter to a friend.


The little something I am sharing today is a snippet of my summer
as it has been lately(above).  I have been so wrapped up (excitedly!) 
in pretty much one thing when I have a little bit of free time...
and that is creating, doing art, and working on lettering.
So my weekends look like the picture above... 
cooling off with some 
Southern sweet tea as I immerse myself in books or
magazines for inspiration, practice lettering in our notebook (I say
"our" because my mom and I are doing it together☺), or actually
get out my canvas and letter or start working on designs!
It has been so much fun and a stress-reliever.


And besides that, my summer has lately involved more sweet tea,
good recipes, enjoying the fact that it is July and we just now reached
100 degrees instead of back in May (wow!), spending time with
 visiting family, enjoying BBQs (especially on Sundays as a family),
 dreaming of trips we are planning soon, being inspired
by verses in my lettering and in each day, journaling, searching
for a country swimming hole, thinking about how this week last
year I was up in the mountains, and the like.



Hoping you are enjoying these days of summer-
and staying as cool as possible!



Blessings and hugs!


6 comments:

  1. Hello to you and thanks for checking in. That tea looks delicious. Georgia is struggling with intense heat, too.
    Sounds like you and your Mom are enjoying your lettering. My older sis and I have been looking into the intricate coloring books available on amaaon; some have Bible verses etc. Seems like that would be good for relaxation, also. Your family bbq's sound like great fun. We've been cooking meals in the crockpot lately. I hope you have a nice day. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh hello sweet friend! How delighted I was to see your lovely post pop up in my reader this bright and crisp day...smiles...

    Dear Jazzmin...your posts are always like a breath of fresh and oh so beautifully writtem! I loved hearing of the delicious summer you've been enjoying thus far, although it is quite hard to relate as it is freezing here in South Africa this July... Just when I thought Spring arrived, the real chilly winter weather arrived!

    Sipping sweet tea and reading or journaling sounds absolutely wonderful...and swimming to cool down...just lovely!
    Enjoy the rest of your summer and I do hope you get a little bit more quiet time in between your busy school schedule!

    Wishing you the loveliest of Tuesdays, Jazzmin! And thank you for all the very sweet comments you leave on my blog for me - what a dear friend you are!

    All my love and biggest hugs!
    Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved reading this, thank you for taking the time to write us a "letter" and sharing what you have been up to lately! :) Lettering art sounds lovely, as well as the rest of the summer fun you're having! I hope that you are able to have more free time after your school session is over... Blessings and hugs to you too! :)
    -Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you are enjoying your summer! It sounds like you have mastered finding time for a bit of relaxation in the midst of your busy life. You are such a wise young lady!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you and your mother are enjoying some special time together, bless your hearts.
    Summer days are what we long for during those hard winter months so enjoy the rest of your summer sipping that wonderful tea.

    It is good to visit with you, dear Jazzmin.
    I too have been some what away from my blog but know that the Lord is bringing me back slowly.
    I have missed the sweet fellowship and visits with you dear ladies in our wonderful blogging community.
    It's always a joy and pleasure to come for a visit here.

    Sweet blessings~ Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Jazzmin...how wonderful your time sounds. I'm glad that you have finished with classes for a bit or a rest. And it looks as if you are having a wonderful time enjoying this lettering learning...and that your mom is doing it with you just makes it that much more special. Have a great week, my sweet friend. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...