Monday, July 18, 2016

Dressed for Sunday // Crochet and Coral

 Happy new week, dears!
 
I hope your weekend was full of joy and blessings!
And I hope this Monday finds you well and happy.
 
Today I wanted to share a few photos of my outfit from church yesterday.
  It was a busy morning yesterday.  I actually woke up early to go
exercise before we headed to church, which has been difficult because of the
heat being so severe, but made it through... and by the time I showered and was
ready to get dressed, I had about 4 minutes before we needed to leave!
Do you ever have mornings like that, where it just feels hectic and like you are somewhat
out of sorts?  In the end, I quickly managed to pull something together based around
a skirt with coral accents that I had been wanting to wear for some time ☺

Accessorizing to match my skirt, I picked these delicate,
coral flower earrings with a dainty feel.  I wore my hair up in a bun.
it just feels feminine and pretty to have my hair up with earrings
like these on.
 
 
I love the summery shades in this skirt and the way it has the perfect
cut for the slightest, lovely flare and swing.
  
 My favorite sandals lately- flats with metallic gold flowers.  These are very
comfy and lovely to wear with a skirt. 
 
Pearl buttons add beauty to the already sweetly crocheted flowers
and details of the cardigan.

A souvenir from our beach trip in June, I love the complimentary
brightness and summery feel of this seashell and starfish bracelet.

Skirt- Ross
Earrings- Kohl's
Black Shirt- Ross
Cardigan- Vintage
Metallic Sandals- JC Penney//St. Johns
Bracelet- Texas State Aquarium Gift Shop
 
 
Yesterday's sermon was an immense blessing to my heart.
I was given reminders of the Lord's promises, but what struck me most
and made this sermon one of those that was the kind that brought
you to tears was a particularly beautiful message... that as we try to fill
a God-shaped space within us with all kinds of things that are really
just drawing us away from Him (money, immorality, materialism, anything),
He is not only wanting us- He's fighting for us.  And my favorite thing
that was said in the sermon was this:  The Lord wants us to know that His
love for us doesn't just mean that our sin and our faults and our pursuit of
things that are wordly can't separate us from Him- it means that He is telling us
that no matter how hard we lean the wrong way or even fight to go that
wrong way as some of us do, He is saying: You cannot get away from my love!
No matter what, I will find you!
And among a plethora of the most moving and thought-provoking verses
in one of the most amazing sermons I can recall, we read this:
 
"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,
neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height
 nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able
to separate us from the love of God that is in Jesus Christ our Lord."
Romans 8: 38-39
 
If there is any verse in the bible I want to never ever forget, that I want
to commit to my heart and memory, it's this one... because the Lord's love
is illustrated for us simply & clearly, telling us that God isn't sitting there with His
 arms crossed waiting for us to come back to Him or for us to mess up.  No, he
welcomes us and rejoices with immeasurable love for us.  On this, the sermon
brought out the story in Luke of the son who had betrayed his father
and when he came back after sometime, his father welcomes him and asked
that a celebration be held for his return.  EVEN after the son had lived the
way he had and left the way he had.  How similar to our Father in Heaven
is that account at Luke!  Nothing can separate us from our Lord's love.
As it was brought out to us yesterday, NO THING in existence
can ever separate us from His love.
 
 
 
Did you have a favorite part of your sermon Sunday?
 
Do you like wearing coral or other bright colors in summer?
 
 
 
Have a lovely afternoon and week ahead!
 
Blessings,
J
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Jazzmin, I love your outfit. I usually lay out my clothes each evening before I go to bed. It helps me stay organized. I have been watching Mrs Erica on You Tube and she has helped me learn to put outfits together with accessories. She is on my blog roll but I love her blogs best. And I love the Romans Bible Verse...it is a blessing to believers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Jazzmin...your words always speak to my heart! What a beautiful segment of the sermon you were blessed to hear...I am so glad you shared it with us! Nothing can seperate us from Christ's love for us. That is quite an incredible, amazing thought! Something we should ponder everyday...what a mighty King we serve!

    I simply love your outfit's bright colours! And the crocheted top is very pretty and feminine! Ah...summer weather is just around the corner for us...I can't wait to wear light dresses again!

    Have a truly delightful week, dear friend! Sending smiles your way...
    Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good afternoon, my dear Jazzmin! 'Tis always refreshing to visit with your and I must say your previous post was truly a blessing! Thank you for the sweet and blessed encouragement.

    You, my wonderful friend, look positively wonderful! Your delicate cardigan caught my eye with its lacy loveliness and tiny pearls. And your bracelet is ever so charming!

    Enjoy the remainder of your week, dear one. Sending love and hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely outfit and a beautiful sermon--thank you for sharing!
    I like your new blog design; it makes for easy reading!
    Romans 8:38-39 are two verses I did have memorized. My mom and I memorized them in Spanish and English when I was working on Spanish in high school. Trying to remember them now, I am a bit rusty!

    The sermon reminds me of Psalm 139:7-12:

    Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence? If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there. If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me. If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me. Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee.

    The Blackwood Brothers sang a song from the same theme: I Cannot Hide From God

    We have a wonderful God. Delightful post! Thanks so much Jazzmin!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...