Friday, July 15, 2016

His Grace is Immeasurable (& Blog Edits!)

Happy Friday, dear friends!
It is still Friday for about ten more minutes anyway, now that I am getting
around to finishing this post that I started much earlier today (smiles).
What a whirlwind week... days of working busily and a bit of craziness, all of which
makes the weekend feel all the more wonderful and delightful now
that it has arrived!  Also, I spent much time pondering and
praying on some areas of my walk and faith.
How was your week?

One thing I took a little time to do on an evening this week,
a little fun break from the routine of my week, was bring up my blog
and look around and see if there was anything that I wanted to change...
mostly because I had been editing and bettering parts of it and knew there were
more aspects I wanted to tweak a bit. I have so much fun with even the
smallest parts of blog design as I've learned along the way, and the one thing
I enjoyed changing up ended up being my "About" page, which you can visit
at the tab above this post ☺
I added a new photo (the one you see above) and worked on writing something new
 that I think much better encapsulates my purpose in writing here and
sharing sweetness, joys, faith, and inspirations.
•        •        •
I mentioned pondering and praying above, as well, and where my
thoughts have been so often this week is one thing on my heart to share...
I have been thinking much about God's mercies.
This facet of faith and walking in the Lord is something that I am
forever in awe of, simply because God's grace, mercy, and forgiveness
encompass so much more than we are able to fathom, and yet, what we
do know of Him in this respect blesses us beyond reason.
However, I think that as imperfect servants of God, it is easy for us-
who, of course, due to our imperfections, sin daily- to doubt ourselves
and how far God's mercy extends when it comes to our sin. 

I have moments where I back myself so far into a place of feeling
unworthy of the Lord's great graces... our past and present sins, both in actions
or in thoughts, have a way of imprisoning us and pushing us into deeper
feelings of guilt, into more deeply and seemingly inescapably feeling that
we are not capable of being forgiven.  This is especially true with
sins that are a great temptation for us.  I have found myself starting to think
that my sinful thoughts or sins in the past scarred me or my relationship
with the Lord... but what I am reminded of with verses and God's loving
reminders overall, is that coming to Him for redemption means He freely
CLEANSES me when I seek His forgiveness and bring my transgressions to Him.
Far from injuring my relationship with Him, His qualities make Him a God
of merciful grace, and if I repent with my heart and seek to get away
from my sins by turning from them and instead towards the Lord,
He is merciful to forgive in a way that actually draws me closer to Him!
And He has open arms for us as we seek His face and seek a life in Him, purposing
to draw closer to Him and leave our sins behind!  And He remains this way
and shows us mercy EVEN when we struggle with leaving our sin
behind because of temptation.  He sees our heart condition above our sin.
The devil has ways of craftily making us feel unworthy of God's grace,
wanting us to FEEL like our relationship with God is ruined or that
even being sinful is not so bad, it's just in our nature and normal.
But God wants us to know the truth, to know otherwise, and to not
fall into believing those lies.
I'm thankful for my soul feeling the immense love of God
and realizing- even when I need gracious reminders- that His forgiveness
is immeasurable! 
And I am grateful for the ways in which he brings those reminders to me,
such as in verses and the wise words of others who have pondered
these same questions and mercies of the Lord.  Such as accounts in
His word, especially that of King David and the way God showed mercy
on David's sins as He prostrated himself before God with great guilt.
And notice that even when David tried to hide his sins and live in sin
for a long time, the Lord forgave him and saw his repentant heart
when he finally did confess his guilt and sin.
That speaks volumes of God's graciousness alone.
These verses and words are blessed reminders to me now and that
I keep to go back and look at, reminders that God has forgiven us in repentance-
now we just have to forgive ourselves! :
"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to
cleanse us from all unrighteousness." -1 John 1:9
"As far as the east is from the west, so far does he remove our transgressions
from us." -Psalm 103:12
"Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times
of refreshing may come from the Lord..." - Acts 3:19
"I think that if God forgives us we must forgive ourselves.  Otherwise, it is
almost like setting ourselves up as a higher tribunal than Him."
-C.S. Lewis
And that quote is enlightening to think of- this makes me put things into
perspective with a different and renewed clarity; Do I really want to show God
that I don't believe His grace and Jesus' ransom has enough power or is not
good enough to blot out my sins?  That I don't trust His word and promises, and
that I doubt His word and His power?
These inspiring and jolting truths remind me that much of
this area of our faith comes down to doubting nothing that God has
told us.  This is not easy sometimes in our nature, but it is the only
way, the best way of life... and when you think of it that way, it makes
things so simple- to just TRUST in the Lord above all else.
TRUST His promises in His word to us.
Part of receiving forgiveness is believing in God's power to forgive.
This thought is startlingly refreshing to our souls as we seek Him,
another reminder of the loving God we have as our Father.
In writing this post, I am even thinking of how grateful I am that God would
forgive me for doubting Him in my thoughts- even on the subject of His mercy
and its extent.  His mercies truly are "new each morning".
I am amazed and refreshed by God's power in reforming and changing us
and our hearts and leading us farther and farther from our past or our sin
and closer and closer to His grace and love as our place of joy.
Do you ever struggle with letting sin or guilt make you feel unworthy
of God's grace, or have similar feelings or thoughts?
Have a lovely and blessed weekend, everyone! ☺
-J

2 comments:

  1. Dear Jazzmin...I am sipping coffee and enjoying catching up with a few of my favourite blogs...yours included! Oh my, it was as if this post was written just for me... How is that possible, dear friend? Our Lord used you to bless and challenge my heart, thank you for allowing Him to speak through you, Jazzmin! I too have been struggling with thinking that perhaps I am not worthy of His grace and redemption... But the Bible says that there is no condemnation in Christ Jesus {Romans 8:1}, so we must surely believe it... He is our powerful, mighty and loving Saviour and His grace fills me with awe! How grateful I am that He has washed me clean and that yes, each day His mercies are new! A fresh page...what an incredible thought!

    And by the way, I just love the picture you shared in this post...you are so, so beautiful and oh! You have a truly beautiful heart as well...thank you for the inspiration and blessing you are!

    With much love and joy in Christ Jesus,
    Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Kelly-Anne,
      Wow, what a sweet blessing your words are! It made me smile and meant much to me for you to say that this post blessed you in any way. So often do I visit your blog and feel the Lord surely used you to speak to me and others, as well. It is a joy in the Lord to share with Christ-like friends our struggles and thoughts and helping one another. Oh what an encouragement you are! And I thank you for bringing to MY attention to recall Romans 8:1, which I greatly needed to hear and adds even more clarity to this line of thoughts as we encourage one another to keep trusting God and believe His promises. What a powerful verse indeed.

      Oh thank you, you're too kind. Thank you every beautifully kind word. You are truly beautiful inside and out, dear friend.

      I'm honored to be thought of as one of your favorite blogs, also, by the way :) And thank you so much for being a blessing to me.

      Love and blessings!
      May you have a wonderful week ahead as well!
      Jazzmin

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...