Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Weekend Dress Up // Sunshine Yellow & Flowers

Hello, dears!
 
I hope this Tuesday finds you well!  It is going to be a busy, full day here,
and there is an excitement in the air because rain fell yesterday evening and
we are expecting more today and tomorrow!  I tell you, I never tire of rain
and we have all been awaiting the blessing of it falling and cooling us off in
the midst of this still summer.

Over the weekend, I spent a most lovely day out doing two of my favorite things-
spending time with my mom and walking through a historic town to head to my
beloved antique store.  It was a fun Saturday of joyous time and relaxing as
we walked, both outside (even despite the melting heat) and inside the antique store.
 
I enjoyed waking up that morning excited for the day ahead,
as well as to go to my closet and put together a modestly pretty outfit with some
feminine summer flair.  This is the ensemble I came up with☺


 
 
Embroidered blouse // thrifted
 Cardigan // thrifted
Crop pants // Gloria Vanderbilt
Belt // came with a different blouse
Sandals // Target (Merona)
Spoon Bracelet // Boutique in Fredericksburg, Tx
Monogram clutch //  PoppyPine on Etsy
 
  
 

 
There are just some items in your wardrobe that you feel like you
could wear everyday because they're so comfortable and you feel lovely
in them.  This embroidered Mexican blouse is definitely one of those pieces for me...
it is so bright and the flowers and resplendence of all the hues within its
embroidery just make me so happy.  This blouse actually used to be a dress, about knee
length when I brought it home, but I hemmed it with matching yellow thread to
make it a tunic instead.  Being so tall, I often have to do this to "dresses" because
they aren't long enough for me.  I just love this piece, most especially for summer.
The cotton breathes so nicely, which is always a plus ☺
 
I built my outfit around my blouse.  It is also kind of funny that it is one of my
favorites because I hardly ever wear yellow because I don't think it looks that good on my
 fair skin,  but the exact shade of this yellow is just so cheery and has a slight vintage
 feel to me because of the delicate intricacy of the embroidery.
I added a cardigan with a very loose stitch because it is very cool, belted
 the blouse underneath the cardigan (I'm never quite sure what looks best- over
or under a cardigan), and wore my new monogram bag that I love.
It matches everything and can be dressed up or down and worn for any season.
I paired it all with a deep pink, flowered pair of sandals.
 
For accessories, I am currently loving the femininity of simple pieces like
pearls, so I wore my dangly, petite pearls and on my wrist my silver spoon bracelet.
I love the antiquated, heirloom-like look of spoon jewelry.

The breeze got the best of my blouse ;)
 

 
In these photos (credit to my lovely mama) taken in front of this incredibly beautiful, old
screen door, I was standing on the porch of a historic downtown building that was built
in 1846.  It had beautiful, original stone and architectural features on the porch.
The gorgeous blue of the door made for the perfect backdrop in contrast with
 my sunny yellow blouse.  And I wouldn't even have been on this porch if it weren't
for the kindest lady we met!  We got the blessing of meeting her, the owner of this historic
building, which is now her private residence, when we were walking across from her porch as she
was leaving and she said, "Y'all look so cute!  Come and take a picture up on my porch!"
So we did.  I guess she thought it would make a perfect background for photos and she was so right. We talked to her for awhile and she was just the sweetest and a true
example of Southern hospitality.
 
 
 
We had a wonderful time that day and enjoyed feeling a little dressed up for
our day out together.  Mother-daughter time is a true blessing!
I also brought home some antique treasures I'll be sharing soon.
 
 
What is your favorite wardrobe piece to wear in summer?
What do you think of my weekend outfit?
Did you enjoy your weekend?
 
 
 
I hope you have a wonderful day and week ahead!
 
 
Blessings!
-J
 

6 comments:

  1. It is very hot here as well Jazzmin. We are hoping for some rain later this week. As for my favorite summer outfit. I have just purchased a dress from Matilda Jane that I am loving. It is very cool and very comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you look so gorgeous bin this cheery, summery outfit! I love the bright colour of the blouse and you've paired it so beautifully with your new monogram bag and pink flats! What a clever idea to hem this ''dress'' to make it into a blouse...I also prefer wearing my shirts longer rather than shorter...except I'm quite short so most things look ''long'' on my, oh my! {{Smiles}}
    It is always special to have a mom and daughter day out...visiting fabric shops and going for tea are our personal favourites! At the moment little Caleb tags along and perhaps a younger one or two but it is still really fun and ah! When I get Mom all to myself...now that is a treat!
    These pictures of you turned out so beautifully...how lovely to have had such a charming backdrop...hooray for sweet ladies who still embrace hospitality! {{Smiles}}
    Have a truly blessed week further, dear Jazzmin! Thinking of you often!
    Blessings n' love...
    Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved your outfit!
    Very classy and perfect for a summer afternoon.
    My favorite summer staple is similar to your cardigan...
    I have one almost the same...it's long and cream colored and light.
    Perfect because as hot as it is, inside most places the air conditioning is too cold!
    Glad you enjoyed some mom and me time.
    The best.
    Have a cozy week and a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dear Friend, Thank you for your kind comment on my blog. You look radiant in these photos. What a kind gesture for the lady to invite you and your Mom to take photos with such a lovely backdrop. It has been so terribly hot in Georgia, I'm afraid I don't wear anything other than capris and t shirts! You mentioned your Merona shoes. Many years ago I worked for the downtown Atlanta offices of Merona in their law dept. Thought you would find that interesting! I did purchase some pretty sweaters last year and look forward to matching them up with outfits this Autumn. God bless you this week and your family. Please visit or email any time it is convenient.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at you...beautiful in that bright and cheery blouse, love it!
    How wonderful that you were able to have a day with your mom, those are special and memorable times for sure.
    I enjoy the times I have with my two daughters. Both are married now so they have lives of their own now and our times together are fewer, but treasured for sure.

    Thank you for sharing your beauty with us.

    Bless you~~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at you...beautiful in that bright and cheery blouse, love it!
    How wonderful that you were able to have a day with your mom, those are special and memorable times for sure.
    I enjoy the times I have with my two daughters. Both are married now so they have lives of their own now and our times together are fewer, but treasured for sure.

    Thank you for sharing your beauty with us.

    Bless you~~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...