Sunday, October 30, 2016

Styled // Victorian Rust Autumn

Hello, friends!

I hope you're having a blessed Lord's day and weekend!
It has been a weekend of lovely busyness with sewing and creating
and new ideas, as well as some deliciousness in a batch of homemade
treats.  A joyful weekend is so treasured because it seems to make for a blessed
week in the days that follow it ☺

Although autumn has not shown herself here for good and only in spurts so far, 
we did have our first real chill here in my little corner of the South last weekend☺
I could not have been more happy, that is except for if it had been even
colder.  I can't wait for those days to come, and one reason is the joy of dressing
for the blessed season of autumn!
Ahh, the burnt umber, rust, & forest tones that offer such rich hues in garments
they are found in to be worn, reflecting the ubiquitously scattered colors
 in the landscapes of nature this time of year.

.           .          .

Here, I am sharing today what is most definitely one of my favorite outfits
I have ever worn, one I wore recently which felt like a most lovely
 transition outfit from summer to fall...

I took these on the side of and by the front window of my favorite antique store,
and the delight on my face is a mix of the joy I felt at looking at all of the
antiquities and wonderful items so full of history, and that which came from
feeling some cooler temperatures and wearing something autumn-inspired.





Dears, I must say I felt positively wonderful in this outfit...
You know that feeling when you are wearing some you just LOVE... a true feeling
of joy comes to me when I have something on that fits that bill, an outfit
that feels like it has a bit of extra beauty to it, while also being modest and pleasing
to God, and with a ladylike femininity and elegance.

My favorite parts of this outfit were the details of it that led me to call it
Victorian Rust Autumn ... the rich, rusty, deep shade of the cardigan and the
oh so vintage, almost Victorian feel of the lace pattern along its sleeves and bottom,
marrying with the added Victorian element of my cameo necklace!
I think the lacy, old-world feel of my sweater just felt so pretty that- as you can tell-
I couldn't help myself from pulling it out to the sides playfully to show it.


Having had my hair freshly cut was quite nice a feeling as well on this day,
and I decided to do a simple, delicate added touch to my hair with a pearl- adorned clip.

Living where I do, it is no uncommon to see girls wearing dresses or their Sunday best
with cowboy boots, and I love that look when the boots are paired with
a skirt or dress with a country feel, namely denim, calico, or cotton.  So I added
a casual element in by wearing this ensemble with my Roper boots.

Cardigan Decree (JC Penney) // Skirt No Boundaries // Shirt Forever 21
Boots Justin Roper // Necklace Pendant Timeline by Bead Treasures (Hobby Lobby) 


What a blessed day it has already been, and I am thankful to get
to look forward to spending the rest of it with my family and hopefully
working on some art and finishing a blouse! ☺
I hope the rest of your Sunday is full of happiness!


How has your weekend been?
What is your favorite item to wear in fall?
Do you like cameos?


Blessings and many hugs!
J


5 comments:

  1. Beautiful outfit for Autumn and your hair looks lovely! So many of us are enjoying delightful fall weather this weekend. Have a great afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, dear Jazzmin...how beautiful you look in this outfit and I just love how you paired cowboy boots with it! So very lovely...and *you*! {{smiles}} How delightful to pay you a visit this Spring afternoon... I am always inspired by what you have to share...
    Ah, I had a wonderfully relaxing weekend...I enjoyed reading a book (in one go - not something that happens very often!), creating a gift and card for a friend...and listening to beautiful, uplifting music! Just what I needed...what a busy few weeks I've had with more to come! {{smiles}} Have you been well, Jazzmin? Praying that your week is so very blessed...hugs and love to you, dear friend!
    Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your fall outfit! Like you, I am still waiting for fall to arrive. This has been the hottest October in years. I do have some sweaters out but so far, no occasion to wear them. I will be sporting a Halloween shirt and a pair of capris today!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely outfit Jazzmin! Your hair is beautiful!! I love to wear plaid flannel shirts with denim skirts in the autumn and winter. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello again, dear Miss Jazzmin! It has been awhile since I've blogged...and I was saddened when I thought you had stopped blogging! But then I stumbled across your "new" blog...so glad that I did! I have to say that I just absolutely love the color (and the style) of the sweater you are wearing...it reminds me of autumn in Maine.
    Hope you and your lovely family are well...I will have to "catch up" on your new posts!
    Sweet blessings and hugs,
    Mrs. Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...