Friday, November 18, 2016

Simple Delights (Thank you, Lord!)

Hello, dears!

I hope this post finds you well and enjoying this autumn season.
It ceases to amaze me how time can spin past you and fly so quickly as it does
and sometimes without a true realization of it.  This is how I have felt as I
come to pop in on my blog today after several internet troubles, which unfortunately
have not gone away (but thankfully are subsiding for me to have time to write today!),
but have kept me from my blog and, sadly, from visiting you, dear friends.

It seems it was only a couple of weeks ago in my mind that I last
wrote, and it is hard to believe nearly a month has passed in actuality.


In the in between moments that my internet has decided to cooperate,
I have had the chance to sit and put the finishing touches and additions
on my post in which I am sharing my Saint Louis trip.  It is yet to be finished,
just due to not having much time free as of late, as well, but it is closer and
closer to being done, and I await sharing it with you all ☺

Until I can hit publish on it, I wanted to say hello!

And I also thought this a perfect time, with Thanksgiving just around the corner,
to just share a simple list of things I am eternally grateful to the Lord
for in my life right now... and also ponder personally on some things that I
know I could certainly show more thankfulness for.
So, here is a list I have been mentally putting together for personal thought and
reflection... the things, simple moments, and precious blessings I have
been thankful for lately... those great and small.

The precious everyday moments with my parents and family.

The warmth of familial love and the blessing of hugs (something so easy
 to take for-granted).

The sweet creatures and wildlife the Lord has given us to enjoy and admire.

A full plate of food for supper every night.

The changing, magical views of nature in every season... especially
in this, my favorite, time of year.

His word, access to it, and the comfort & promises from within it.

An ever-growing relationship with my Savior and God.

Having the blessing of the weather become cooler after a brutal summer.

The joy of looking forward to something, such as Thanksgiving.

The incomparable gift of prayer- to think that we can talk to our Creator!

Inspiration that brings joy through reading, crafting, sewing, writing.

Health and the access to medicines.

Being able to access things that inspire and delight my heart, such as a new
bolt of fabric or new paints for a project.

Memories and the indescribably beautiful feeling inside every 
cherished one as I think back on special, once-in-a-lifetime moments
 and memories, or everyday ones that have made my heart surge with happiness.

Examples and role models that I can look up to as I seek a life pleasing to God.

Programs and even film that inspires me in my way of life and positivity...
like Little House on the Prairie and the Waltons and more that I am
enjoying more than ever this time of year!

The gift of being able to study and learn about things that interest and enamor me.

A warm, cozy home... when many are praying for that.

Glorious nature, the soother of my heart and mind, and my true joy...
from cascading waterfalls on a hike, to the wildlife at the coast.

Traveling with loved ones, especially in this season.

Dear, caring friends.... like those of  YOU I have been overjoyed to get
to know better and be encouraged by!



I hope you are enjoying a wonderful autumn so far!
It is so hard to believe that Thanksgiving is already next week!
How did that happen?  It seems as if the new year was just rung in,
and now the end of November is soon to arrive.

What is your heart especially grateful for?



I hope that your Thanksgiving is filled with blessings beyond measure
and time spent making treasured memories with beloved family!
Are you like me and excitedly planning your meal!?  I can't wait.


"Oh give thanks to the Lord,
for he is good
for his steadfast love
endures forever!"
-Psalm 107:1


Love and many blessings,


J


3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! There are so many things to be thankful for! I hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post!
    Blessings for a happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...