Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Styled // Wintry Olden Days Cheer

Hello, dear friends!

I hope that your time spent with those dearest to you has been wonderful this past week,
and I wish the greatest joy and cheer of this most blessed season upon you!
I am just wondering how it is that in just a few days we will welcome 2017!?

This treasured time of year is all the more special and delightful,
perhaps most of all, because of the nostalgia that is intertwined with it.
It is the most nostalgic time of year and perhaps that resonates with my heart
and my memories the most.  The "olden days" feel and the twinkly 
wonder in the heart this time of year yields such childlike joy for all.

.           .          .


That old-fashioned holiday feel resonates through the wonderment of the
season, and to me, also reflects so much in the style of clothing I like to wear...
inspiring more than any other time of year to relish in vintage loveliness!

While out on a day-trip for some shopping and eating out last week with my family,
I enjoyed dressing up in an outfit that gave me such a feel of vintage, ladylike
charm and the cheer of the season!



Knowing a vintage piece, like my pin, was worn by a lovely lady-
a grandmother, a mother, a daughter- some fifty years ago always makes
me smile.  Perhaps that is what I love most about vintage; knowing it has
a story within its threads or in whatever piece it may be.

This style is one of my absolute favorites for wintertime-
snowy white sweater (and this one is adorned with pearls for a Southern
touch! (smiles)) layered over a quintessentially wintry plaid shirt, tailored pants, 
boots, and a brooch or pin to finish off the outfit.  How ladylike and pretty an 
outfit like this does make me feel!
I love the forties/fifties-esque style of this sweater paired with the plaid collar
and pin... two of my favorite eras for style and grace and classiness.
I enjoyed trying a bit of a different style with my hair that felt lovely and fun
to try, one that I thought matched my forties style a bit more than the usual 
way I wear my hair from day to day.


Sweater- vintage // Plaid oxford- Polo //Riding Pants- thrifted
Pin- vintage // Boots (in Poinsettia photo)- Justin Roper




What a beautiful backdrop this historic home made, along with the iron fence
from the golden era, spindly trees against a sleepy, pale, winter's sky,
and this Conestoga wagon out front of the Antique Photos shop (next door).



Oh, how I adore this small town with all its old-world charm and sweetness,
and especially all of its history preserved in the bricks of the original
buildings and wrought-iron fences and other old-fashioned beauty.

I am all the more enraptured by its loveliness in this glorious season.
A few of my views from the restaurant, store windows, historic dance hall, and more...









That good old, antiquated feel of nostalgia seems a reflection
of the delight and thankfulness for the blessings of this season and the
way the Lord showers us in all things good and is our stronghold.  In a way, His love
shows me that the good days and the joy and hope always comes back (no matter
what I am going through), just as this time of year and the way it effects my heart deep
inside truly makes me remember the feelings and memories of yesteryear.
And both of those things remind me to keep dreaming, praying, hoping.


I will "see" you in the new year, dears!  I pray your 2017 starts off beautifully
and oh so joyous and wonderful.


Love and blessings in Christ,

-J

5 comments:

  1. That is a lovely classic outfit, Jazzmin! I really like how you styled it, and the backdrop of the historic town is perfect--what a neat place to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Jazzmin~ you look so beautiful and that sweater with the pearls is gorgeous.
    Your town is so beautiful, makes for some lovely photo shots.
    It was so nice visiting with you and seeing your beauty.

    I have enjoyed following along with you and look forward to what you have to share with us in the New Year.

    God bless you~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Jazzmin~ you look so beautiful and that sweater with the pearls is gorgeous.
    Your town is so beautiful, makes for some lovely photo shots.
    It was so nice visiting with you and seeing your beauty.

    I have enjoyed following along with you and look forward to what you have to share with us in the New Year.

    God bless you~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy to hear you had a good Christmas week Jazzmin. Love your sweet pin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning, Miss Jazzmin!
    Oh, how I wish you lived closer...we share so many "loves"...vintage clothes, olden ways, historic places, family treasures...I would just love to spend a day exploring with you! I have a pin that was my mother's that is so similar to the one you are wearing! When they moved from the "big" house...she gave me a whole box full of costume jewelry that she had collected over the years...so many wonderful memories.

    Praying that you and your sweet family will have a most blessed and joyous New Year!
    With love,
    Mrs. Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is a blessing to read your kind comments. I would love if you would leave me one!

God Bless You,
Jazzmin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...